Teach Arizona in Tucson
Get all you need from Teach Arizona…
- An M.Ed. in Teaching & Teacher Education
- The coursework required for a secondary teaching certificate (grades 6-12)
- Full year of classroom teaching experience
- Full tuition can be covered by the Arizona Teachers Academy
- Specialization in your content area: Math, Science, English, Social studies, or World languages
- Dedicated faculty to guide you through your study and practice of teaching
- Program faculty include numerous award-winning and nationally board-certified K-12 teachers
The Tucson Teach Arizona program is taught in the traditional in-person format. University of Arizona courses are held at Flowing Wells High School in Tucson. Students complete a half-day internship in school districts throughout the greater Tucson area. Find out the dates and times of the courses in the Tucson program.
Teach Arizona students are eligible for Arizona Teachers Academy funding, which pays full tuition and mandatory fees in exchange for an agreement to teach for ONE year in an Arizona public school following graduation. After submitting your Teach Arizona application, please email Dr. Patty Stowers to request this funding.
All applications are individually assessed. Teach Arizona faculty are happy to answer individual questions about your fit for this program. Please contact us if you have any questions throughout the application process.