B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited four-year institution or a graduate degree
Academic background or approximately 24 units in the content area you hope to teach
- We review transcripts closely to identify an applicant’s level of expertise. If you fall below the 24- unit threshold in your content area, you may still be admitted to the program depending on the nature of your previous coursework.
- Accepted content areas include: Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Earth Science, General Science, English, Spanish, Mandarin, American Sign Language, History, Political Science/Government, Economics.
Please reach out to us if you are concerned about meeting these requirements.
- 3.0 GPA in previous collegiate study (cumulative or the last 60 units).
- 3.0 cumulative GPA in content area coursework
- Completed graduate application
- Payment of $85.00 for domestic applications. Teach AZ is not able to accept international students.
- Up-to-date résumé
- Three letters of recommendation
- Responses to three essay prompts
- Official transcripts from each institution you have attended. Send transcripts to the following address:
- Graduate College, The University of Arizona, Administration 322, P. O. Box 210066, Tucson, AZ, 85721-0066
Completed applications will be reviewed by the admissions committee from the College of Education. You will then be contacted regarding an admissions interview, which will be the final consideration in the committee’s decision.