Our Award Winners!
We are honored to celebrate the diverse and stellar accomplishments of our students.
Our faculty members are honored across the globe for their outstanding research, teaching, outreach, advising, and mentoring.
Our staff awards give us an opportunity to thank employees for their many skills, talents, and dedication to our college and students. They make the College of Education a great place to work!
Outstanding Faculty Service/Outreach Award: This award has been established as a means of encouraging and recognizing substantial and continuing contributions of individuals to the SERVICE/ OUTREACH aspect of the mission of the College and University across the State of Arizona and beyond. Recipients shall have a proven record of service/outreach to pre-K-16 schools, educational professionals, educational support entities, individuals, and/or organizations with a vested interest in improving the quality of schools and schooling at all levels. Among other possible indicators, the Faculty Awards Committee (FAC) will examine the following criteria:
- The quality, scope, and frequency of services provided.
- The impact of services on pre-K-16 schools and schooling-related activities.
Outstanding Graduate Student/ Convocation Speaker: The College of Education will present one award for meritorious performance of an Outstanding Graduate Student (doctoral, specialist, or masters) for the Spring 2021 semester. This student will be recognized at a College of Education Awards event and will be the official graduate student speaker for the College Convocation in May. To be eligible, a graduate student must:
- Expect to graduate in May 2021.
- Have been a graduate student in the College of Education for at least two years.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have had major responsibility for providing support to a class or serving as the instructor of record in a lecture, discussion, or laboratory course; and/or
- Have had major responsibility on an ongoing research project; and/or
- Have had broader impacts and involvement in activities outside of academic responsibilities that benefit the department, university, and the larger community. For example, this student may represent graduate student interests on councils or committees, organize graduate student events, assist departmental recruitment, participate in K-12 outreach, etc.
Outstanding Senior: Each college at the University of Arizona selects one Outstanding Senior each semester. This student is presented with an award at the College awards event in May 2021.
The University of Arizona asks that colleges use the following criteria in the selection process: scholarship, leadership, and citizenship. The College of Education Awards and Recognition Committee has asked that these criteria be supported by honors/awards, professional affiliations, volunteer experiences, scholarships, and a GPA of 3.25 or above. Attached are the names of College of Education seniors from Disability and Psychoeducational Studies and Teaching, Learning, and Sociocultural Studies who are expected to graduate in May 2021. To be eligible for this award, students must complete their degree and must graduate in May. If you wish to nominate a graduating senior who is not listed, please contact Sara Knepper in the Office of Student Services to confirm the student’s status.