Teach Arizona in Phoenix
Get all you need from Teach Arizona...
- An M.Ed. in Teaching & Teacher Education
- The coursework required for a secondary teaching certificate (grades 6-12)
- Full year of classroom teaching experience
- Eligible to apply for the Arizona Teachers Academy tuition scholarship
- Obtain a University of Arizona degree in Phoenix
- Specialization in your content area: Math, Science, English, Social studies, or World languages
- Dedicated faculty to guide you through your study and practice of teaching
- Program faculty include numerous award-winning and nationally board-certified K-12 teachers
The Phoenix Teach Arizona program is taught in a hybrid format, blending online and in-person coursework. University of Arizona in-person sessions are held at the Chandler Community Center. Students also complete a half-day internship in school districts throughout the greater Phoenix area. Find out the dates and times of the courses in the Chandler program.
Teach Arizona students are eligible to apply for the Arizona Teachers Academy tuition scholarship, which pays full tuition and fees in exchange for an agreement to teach for two years in an Arizona public school following graduation. You may apply to the Academy prior to being accepted into Teach Arizona, but your Academy application will not be reviewed until you are accepted into Teach Arizona. They are separate applications.
All Teach Arizona applications are individually assessed. Teach Arizona faculty are happy to answer individual questions about your fit for this program. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions throughout the application process.