Arizona Teachers Academy
Currently, only our undergraduate teacher certification programs require an ATA application. See below for details, as well as information on how to receive ATA funding for one of our eligible graduate (master’s) programs.
Additionally, please take note of the following:
- Prior to receiving your ATA funding, you must have your Free Application for Student (FAFSA) processed by both the U.S. Department of Education and the university’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) each year you intend to receive the scholarship. Otherwise, there will be delays in disbursing the award to your account.
- If submitting an application, applicants forfeit their scholarship eligibility if they knowingly provide any false or misleading information.
- Application responses cannot be saved and then submitted at a later date.
Students in the following graduate programs are not required to complete a scholarship application. Instead, please speak with your point of contact in the program about your interest in the ATA so that you may be placed on their selection list for next semester, if applicable.
- Agricultural Education Teaching, K-12 (Master of Agricultural Education)
- Art Education, K-12 (Master of Arts)
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Birth-Grade 12 (Master of Arts)
- Humanizing and Culturally Affirming Teacher Program, 6-12 (Master of Education, South campuses)
- Mild to Moderate Disabilities, K-12 (Master of Arts)
- Severe and Multiple Disabilities, K-12 (Master of Arts)
- Teach Arizona, 6-12 (Master of Education, Tucson and Chandler campuses)
- Visual Impairments Specialization, Birth-Grade 12 (Master of Arts)
For those interested in an ATA-participating undergraduate program:
- Scholarship applications for Spring 2024 are due Monday, December 4, 2023. Applicants should expect to be notified of the scholarship selection committee's decision by mid-December 2023.
- ATA Scholarship applications for Summer 2024 will not be made available.
- Scholarship applications for Fall 2024 will be made available in December 2023 thru early June 2024.
- Students interested in the following teacher certification programs are encouraged to reach out to the programs themselves about their ATA eligibility before attempting to complete an Academy scholarship application.