Office of Field Experiences
Welcome to the Office of Field Experiences website. Our office is committed to providing College of Education students enrolled in our Early Childhood and Elementary Teacher Certification Programs with positive, practical field experiences throughout their program.
Our office is staffed with a director, Maggie Shafer, an administrative associate, Virginia Gonzalez, and rotating student workers. Staff members work to ensure successful field experiences. These experiences will enable students to enter the education profession as enthusiastic and highly effective teachers.
Teacher candidates, Supervising Practitioners, and University Program Supervisors, below please find the resources that will support our work together.
- Early Childhood Student Teaching Assessment Form (Birth- Pre-K - ECE Students)
- Early Childhood Student Teaching Assessment Form (K-3 – ECE Students)
- Elementary Student Teaching Assessment (K-8 - Elementary)
- Early Childhood Student Teaching Assessment Rubric (K-3 ECE Students)
- Elementary Teacher Candidate Assessment Guide (K-8 Elementary Students)
- Early Childhood Program Guidebook
- Elementary Student Teaching Guidebook
- Pathways Program Guidebook
- Responsibility Schedule
- Fingerprint Clearance Information
- Fingerprint Clearance Card Replacement Request
- Résumé Support
- FERPA Mandatory Reporting Highlights
- TLS 493 Policies Elementary
- TLS 493 Policies Early Childhood
Support with finding placements for pre-program observation hours will be provided by the Office of Field Experiences during the following dates only:
- Fall 2022: August 15th – September 9th
- Spring 2023: January 9th – February 3rd
If you would like help with finding an Early Childhood or Elementary classroom in which to volunteer, please complete the Experience Placement Application Form and send it to Virginia Gonzalez during the timeframe provided above.
If you would like help finding a Mild-Moderate Disabilities classroom in which to volunteer, please complete the Experience Placement Application Form and send it to Jennifer White during the timeframe provided above.
Someone in the Office of Field Experiences will contact you shortly after you submit your form via email.
Pre-Program students need to complete the Recommendation Form/Hours Log during their Pre-Program Observation hours. Advisors will ask student for this completed form and log during the admissions process.