Special Education, M.A., (Mild to Moderate Disabilities)
The following is a list of minimum requirements for the program:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts showing a grade point average of B or higher (3.0 on a 4.0 scale).
- A two-page personal statement describing your experience working with children or youth who have disabilities and how you expect the Mild-Moderate, M.A. program to improve your impact with children or youth with disabilities.
- Evidence of previous teaching experience. If you do not hold a teaching certificate, we require evidence of experience working with children or youth with disabilities.
- Three professional letters of recommendation with a preference on letters from persons who can attest to your ability to do graduate level work and interact effectively with children and youth.
- An interview with a faculty member. Your interview will provide you with valuable information about the program and give you an opportunity to ask questions about the program. Your interview may be conducted in person, by phone, or via teleconferencing.